Making Electrical Connections Safely
A. Connecting wire together with wirenuts. This is used when connecting wires in boxes and to light fixtures.
1. Strip about ½" of insulation off each wire.
2. Mechanically twist the wires together using linesman's pliers.
3. Put a wirenut over the twisted wires, & turn it until it is secure. Use a wirenut of a size that will make a secure connection.
THIS IS CORRECT!
4. Do a mechanical check: Pull each wire individually to assure the connection is secure.
5. Do a visual check: You should see NO copper below the wirenut!
THIS IS WRONG!
Classes & Teaching | Tutorial B | Tutorial C